Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Day 13 - Return to biking

My first brace-free walk was down to the bookstore to buy this:



So I can turn this:



Into this:



They say I can return to biking at 3 weeks after the surgery. That gives me another week to finish overhauling my bike and get my knee to the point where I can make it all the way around the pedal stroke. Right now, I can't bend my knee in far enough to make a complete pedal stroke. And I still walk with a bit of a limp, primarily because my knee is still stiff and it's difficult to bend it after taking a stride.

But hopefully in another week or so, I'll be able to bike no problem. My bike will probably be my close companion for the next few months, while I gradually ease back to running and agility exercises. It'll give me the freedom to move fast, something I can't do on leg power alone just yet. And it'll keep me in shape for the big trip I'm planning. It's good to have goals, particularly when they involve warm, beautiful beaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment