Monday, February 16, 2009

Day 5

I've achieved 120 degrees of flexion (that's as far as the machine will go) and here's what it looks like:


I think I'm ahead of schedule, but I have a post-surgical visit with my surgeon tomorrow so I'll find out more then. They also take off the bandages, so I'll get the first glimpses of how swollen my knee is as well as the surgical incisions. After that, I go straight to my first physical therapy appointment.

I stopped the Vicodin yesterday. All I had most of the day yesterday was Extra-strength Tylenol. I took two this morning around 9 am and didn't really need anything else until about 4 pm. It's not much pain, just a little aching, which feels like it's mostly in my hamstring where it attaches to the back of the knee. Not sure if that's where the pain is really coming from but that's where it feels like it. I have some other aches that are only activated when I move my knee. I'm not moving the knee that much, aside from the CPM machine, which doesn't cause any pain at all, so most of these aches are avoidable and ignorable.

More tomorrow after seeing the doc and physical therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment