Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day 4

I tried to ditch the Vicodin last night because it seemed like the pain was tapering off. All was well until about 4 in the morning. I woke up with moderate pain in the back of my leg, I think where they snipped out a bit of cartilage but not really sure. I took a Vicodin and everything was soon ok again. I've been trying to space out the Vicodin today to see how long I can go without it. I'd like to get off the stuff. They make me feel kind of brain-fogged.

I also had to stop taking the Naproxen, an anti-inflammatory I was to take twice a day. I think it was eating a hole in my intestines yesterday, or at least that's what it felt like. Hopefully, I'll be ok without it.


I'm already up to 100 degrees flexion on the CPM machine and hope to do more than that later today. I'm also hobbling around on my braced knee like a post and continuing to keep up with the quad contracting exercises. Nothing too exciting, but so far so good.

This is my dog, Darwin. She's been instrumental in my rehab. About twice a day, I limp outside and throw the ball for her. It keeps my spirits up and is probably good exercise for my knee. She also ate a pack of fig newtons when I wasn't looking. That didn't help with my recovery at all, but it was funny and it seemed to make her happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment