Friday, February 20, 2009

Day 9 - The Zone of Ouch

The pain hasn't been all that bad for the most part and it has been much, much less than I anticipated. But there's an area around the incision below my knee that has remained painful and tender. I've started referring to it as the zone of ouch. Here's a pic that graphically illustrates what I'm talking about:


I don't know if the actual incision is painful. I'm too scared to touch it. But the area surrounding it towards the inside of the leg is tender and fluid-filled. That's where they drilled into my tibia to anchor the new ACL so it's not surprising that's it's such a tender site. The pain is slowly resolving, but if I've been laying down for a long time and then get up, it's very, very, motherf*&king sensitive when I put my weight on that leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment