Saturday, February 14, 2009

Day 3 - Off the crutches


Once the nerve block wore off, I ditched the crutches last night to limp over to the neighbors' house for dinner and I haven't used them since. The leg feels pretty stable in the brace and I'm supposed to walk on it as much as I can tolerate. I can feel a little soreness on the outside of the knee, but it's manageable. I can also feel some slight pins and needles at what I think is the site of one of the small arthroscopy incisions on the outside of the knee when I'm moving it a bit in the CPM machine. Hard to tell exactly what it's from because my knee is still buried under mounds of ace bandage and cryocuff. But that's not too bad either.

I was getting a little pain last night that made me fear it might get much worse. But I popped a Vicodin and turned on the cryocuff and it never amounted to much.

I'll do more of the CPM machine today and see if I can do more quadriceps strengthening exercises. It's hard to tell how hard I should flex the quads at this point because I'm fearful too much force will make the knee hurt. So I'm just doing it slowly and working my way up gradually.

No comments:

Post a Comment