Sunday, May 31, 2009

Day 110 - Cake


Last night, I saw Cake in concert. They were pretty good musically, but the lead singer, John McCrea, bummed me out with his hipster-doofus pretentiousness. But that annoying facade isn't evident in their songs, so I just tried to tune him out and enjoy the music. I snapped a photo, which apparently was against official Cake policy or whatever. You can recognize McCrea by the aura of hipster-doofusness that glows above him.

On a positive note, I did a fair amount of dancing at the show (and that was on top of the 20 minutes I had spent running on the treadmill earlier), and my knee felt pretty good this morning. Today, I walked all over DC, from the U Street area to Adams Morgan to Dupont Circle to Georgetown. Not sure how much distance I covered, but it must've been at least several miles. My knee feels a little stiff tonight, but that's probably mainly because I didn't have any tape on it today. Hopefully, it'll be feeling good by morning.

In the meantime, here's a Cake song that I've always liked, mainly because it reminds me of a girl I used to know:

No comments:

Post a Comment