Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Day 85 - Branford Marsalis jazzes my knee off


Tonight, I'm in NYC. I have tape on my knee, a technique called McConnell taping that's supposed to help lift the knee cap from sensitive areas. My physical therapist thought it might help take some pressure off the areas that are causing me pain.

More importantly, I saw Branford Marsalis at the Jazz Standard. It was a great show. I snapped the photo to the right. It's a horrible photo because a) the iPhone has a horrible, awful, crummy lens and b) all photos were illegal, so I had to pretend like I was checking my email or something and not really taking a photo. This is harder than it sounds. I think I nearly gave myself a concussion.

So if you really want to see what Branford and his band both look like and sound like, here's a video for you:

No comments:

Post a Comment