Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day 98 - I run again


I bounced on the trampoline today in physical therapy. Actually, my feet weren't allowed to leave the canvas, so I more or less oscillated up and down. I won't be cleared for actual jumping for another week or two. After that, I was cleared for the treadmill, where I ran for 5 minutes. That's the most I've run in about 4 months. I assume this was a breakthrough moment, but my physical therapist was pretty low-key about it. I guess she doesn't really get excited about something unless it involves ice.

The running felt OK on my knee. Most importantly, all the parts where they drilled and cut into me felt fine, no pain. I felt some twinging at the site of my bursitis, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see whether that's really an issue. But I'm not too worried about that because bursitis is relatively easy to get rid of.

Later, my co-workers took me out for drinks for my birthday, which was last Friday. I had an Espresso Martini, which was delicious. It had cream and coffee in it, so it tasted more like a shake than a martini.

No comments:

Post a Comment