Sunday, March 1, 2009

Day 17 - Busted flat in Baton Rouge


Well, I wasn't exactly in Baton Rouge, but I did feel busted flat. I saw Kris Kristofferson in concert tonight ("Busted flat in Baton Rouge" is a line from his song Me and Bobby Mcgee), which required climbing up and down a lot of stairs. My vastus medialis obliquus (VMO) is weak and my knee is still a bit stiff, so climbing stairs ain't my forte just yet.


As you can tell from the pic, the VMO is a big muscle on the inside of your thigh. My VMO on my left knee is noticeably smaller than the one on the right, which is not uncommon after an ACL tear. The VMO helps control how your knee cap tracks and is also, as I'm finding out, pretty essential to going down stairs. So I'm now doing rehab exercises to get it back into shape.

But I made it through the night and limped on home. Hopefully tomorrow my VMO will be just a little stronger and stair-climbing will be just a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment