Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day 35 - Heartbeat goes boom boom boom


I rode the exercise bike yesterday. My knee felt pretty good, at least until I stopped, at which point, it was a bit stiff. I just can't seem to turn the corner with the swelling that's still in the knee. I'm probably expecting to recover faster than my body actually can, or at least that's what one of the physical therapists told me. She said at this point after the surgery, a lot of people are still working on just getting their full range of motion back and can't bend their knee enough to ride a bike. So at least I've got that going for me.

I also got my pulse up to 141 on the bike. That's the highest it's been since the surgery. At least as far as I know. I don't think I've done anything strenuous enough to raise it higher. Although there is one physical therapist who might've caused an even bigger spike in my pulse. Every time she walks by I get a sense of tachycardia and if I was a cartoon character, I might look something like this:


I don't know if that's good for my knee. But if it's bad, I don't want to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment