Monday, March 9, 2009

Day 26 - Not ready for prime time

I tried to resume working out today. It was just upper body stuff, so I didn't think it'd affect my knee too much. But I guess it somehow did because my knee feels a bit stuff now. I'll see how it's doing in the morning, but I may have to forego working out for another couple of weeks or at least go with regimens that don't aggravate my knee. I think returning to the bike may be another week or two off as well. There's still a lot of swelling from the surgery and until that settles down, I think the repetitive motion of pedaling would just keep it irritated and delay my recovery. So it goes.

I've traced the main problem with my knee to two key areas shown here in this photo:


It's hard to tell but there's a lot of swelling in these areas as well as a big knotty lump. The worst one is the one on the left. When I straighten my leg, it's about the size of a golf ball. Here's a couple of photos of it:




Kind of gnarly. But it doesn't actually hurt that much. However, all the swelling is interfering with my biomechanics. So I wish it would shrink up and disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment