Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 55 - Home stretch

I'm now able to do this stretch:



I don't usually do the stretch standing up though. I usually do it lying on my side like this because it just feels easier to do it that way:



(And if you're wondering, yes that's me in the photo and yes I'm Spider Man (Doh! I've said too much))

This is a breakthrough of sorts I think. Just a week or two ago, I couldn't quite bend my knee back far enough to do the stretch. And doing the stretch makes my knee feel good, almost normal, for at least a few minutes after doing it. I think it has to do with stretching out the quadriceps tendon, which runs down the front of the leg and attaches to the top of the knee cap. This tendon apparently tends to stiffen up after ACL surgery, so being able to now stretch it out should be good for returning me to normal motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment