Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Day 71 - The daily routine


My daily regimen takes me about 45 minutes to an hour to complete. Here it is:

15 minutes on the elliptical trainer

Leg press, one-legged - 40 times with 125 lbs

Lunges - 35

Stepping down and then back up a step, just on my left leg - at least 20 in the gym, but sometimes 4 times that just from going up and down Metro escalators

Flutters (to strengthen VMO muscle) - 20

Wall slide - 3 times, hold for 20 seconds each

Rose-walls, exercise to strengthen gluteus medius muscle - 60 (this one is tough)

Leg lifts with weight, 3 different directions, front, side and backwards - 20 each direction with about 12 lbs

Standing on one leg on foam - 20 times throwing and catching medicine ball (this forces the muscles in the leg to make tiny little adjustments to keep me stable)

Adductor squeeze - 25 with 70 lbs

After all that, I generally do some stretches to loosen up the quad tendon. Then I'll spend about 5 minutes trying to roll out any knots and tightness using the foam roller.

All this just to strengthen one part of my body: my left thigh. It's hard to believe it takes this kind of regimen to get things back to normal, but if a one-legged man ever challenges me to an ass-kicking contest, I think I just might be able to take him.

No comments:

Post a Comment