Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day 50 - I'm OK and so am I


So I've talked about how the new ACL will eventually become alive. But what I didn't mention is that this will essentially make me two people. As in two different sets of DNA in my body. Oh yeah. Sounds like freaky sci-fi stuff. And I guess it is.

By the way, there's already a name for this: chimera. But that term technically refers to a person who results from two fertilized eggs fusing together in the womb. My chimerism came about artificially, but I think it's just as good as the old-fashioned method. The big question now though is: Should my employer be required to pay me two salaries? I'll have to check with HR tomorrow. Also, do I now get 2 votes in every election? Of course, the downside is if the IRS finds out about this, because they will undoubtedly try to make me pay double the taxes.

But I also wonder if I can now blame any screw-ups or mistakes I make in the future on "the other me." If a boss or a girlfriend gets pissed at something I've done, for example, can I get away with saying, "Uh, that wasn't me. That was me#2, you know, that bastard who lives in my knee. I told him it was a bad idea all along, but you know how he is. What could I do?"

No comments:

Post a Comment